Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp makes for easy practice last night...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeorgiaHonk, Jul 23, 2004.

1. I'm in transitional mode with my amp rig, weaning myself off of the TNT combo I've been using (just listed it for sale ;) ) while accumulating the funds to get a new 2X12 cabinet. In the meantime, last night I tried just going direct into the PA from my little SABDDI pedal and it worked just great. Apparently (and fortunately) we practice at a low enough volume that my monitor mix was all I needed to hear myself. I also stand right next to one of the PA mains, and can hear myself through it. This rig was especially a blast when it came to set-up and break-down times. :hyper:

We're going to play another private party in a couple of weeks, and I think I'm going to try this rig in a live environment there. :bassist:

2. I've been using the Sansamp bass driver DI box for years. Recently I acquired the RBI and it has some serious PUNCH.

3. Everybody raves about these little boxes, don't they? I really regretted selling the last one I had, so this one will go to my grave with me.

BTW, your 1212 is the cab that has the lion's share of my interest, Jorg. Here's hoping we can conduct business one day!

4. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    I have used this little trick too, using the SABDDI as a very handy, portable "bass amp". It feels good to know that everyone else (e.g. the drummer, the keyboard player & the guitarrist) will have to bring lots of gear to a gig while it only require me to bring a bass and the SABDDI... :)

/MrBaloo

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Its a well kept secret! ;) When there is a PA available, use a DI and you dont need any amp.

6. Thanks for the compliment, which I very much appreciate.

If you have a question, just email me:JSCHRO7376@MSN.COM
    I'll be glad to respond

Sincerely,

Jorg
    www.schroedercabinets.com