Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp, MXR bass DI or Sadowsky?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Dec 4, 2001.

1. I know some of you have the SansAmp, but, has anyone tried/heard either of the other two? I have a Yamaha NE-1 now, and love it, but, I'm always looking for new toys. The MXR kinda caught my eye.

Thanks,
    Mike J.

2. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hi,

Just for your info, the SansAmp is not a toy, it`s a MUST HAVE !!!!

I have not tried the MXR but I tried the Yamaha NE-1 and you can not compare the SansAmp to the Yamaha which is only a Parametric EQ and does not have a DI, etc.

3. Hey Turlu, thanks for the reply. O.K. What I mainly want to know is will the sansamp sound better than the Yamaha? Sound is the main thing that I'm after.

Mike J.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    there different things really. The sansamp is more of a serious in general tool. the NE-1 is a specific tool. You can definetly use them in conjunction. I have the sans amp too, VERy much worth it.

5. Thanks, Bliss. I just didn't want to duplicate effects.
    Can you describe a little how the sansamp affects the sound?

Mike J.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That's a tough thing to describe objectively. I think one of the things I really love is the warmth it brings without losing any clarity. The tone shaping is great for use in different situations where you may have different dynamics going on e.g. playing with a guitarist or with horns. It also has an overdrive knob which can add some serious growl, ala SVT if you want it. It's a MUST have for me when I play.

edit: it's important top note that it doesn't change your sound so much as affect the color of your sound. You also have a blend control, to mix with.

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    not interested in the BOD? i think that's a great unit!