1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp - Need advice / help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by qball26, Sep 29, 2008.

1. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    I just bought a Stingray 5 and few weeks back. Now I have GAS for either a Sansamp RBI or RPM. If anyone has experience with either of these, please let me know your thoughts and how they work for you. (I have already read all the threads pertaining to RBI and RPM on this site).

At the moment my gear list is as follows:

Stingray 5 to Akg wireless to Korg DTR2 to MXR M-80 to Ampeg SVT 3 Pro to Ampeg 810E.

Also should I run wireless into sansamp into 3 pro; sansamp through 3 pro FX loop; or sansamp through pre-amp out, bypassing the 3 pro's preamp altogether?

Thanks in advance

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I don't get it. There are so many threads, many dozens, and they include so much information and so many opinions... What is missing for you? What kind of thoughts are you hoping to gather that have not been expressed already?

You have read the threads about them in the Amps forum too, right?

Maybe if you ask some specific questions this could be constructive?

3. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Is this better?

4. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    why you want a rbi ? maybe you are looking for a ss pre , so a rbi would good, but if it was a sansamp pedal could be used for reharsals/ pratice and such, when you can't use your gear.
    I have a svt 4 even though I have a good grit when pushed, I don't have any real drive like a pushed tube power amp,
    if you want more grit and drive get a ebs valve drive or similar, ebs also has a good ss bass overdrive.

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm with Bongo on this one.....what are you looking for information wise?

I've been pretty vocal about my Ray5 through an RPM, so I'm guessing you have seen what I have to say about that in the amps forum. I love the sound.

On how to run an RPM w/the SVT head-if you want the tone of the RPM, try putting it into the effects return. If you're wanting to use the RPM/RBI as an effect e.g. for distortion/drive or whatever-I don't know for sure. If you're wanting it for drive/distortion, I'd look into one of the SansAmp pedals so that you could have it turned on & off via the button.

all the best.

6. Just as I opened this thread, the lady came knocking at my door with my new Proggramable bass driver di!!!

I just spent the last hour setting the channels!! (I left the thread open)

7. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Actually, I think I might of missed your thread. Could you send me a link? And as for running the unit, I want to use it more as an overall pre-amp than just an overdrive unit.

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Do a search man. I've said the same thing repeatedly for the past several years. I post in almost every RPM/RBI thread i come across.