Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Tech 21 Sansamp PSA-1

20.0%
  2. Tech 21 Sansamp RBI Rackmount

80.0%
  1. what would be better for bass, the sansamp psa-1 or the sansamp rbi rackmount. what are the main differences?

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Although the psa-1 would be really cool, I would personally rather get something tailored specifically for the bass.

Unless I needed something to do both. I just finished listening to the samples on the Tech-21 website. Pretty darned impressive.

Any idea on what kind of price difference there might be?

:D

Joe.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The PSA-1 is more versatile, but as noted it isn't specifically geared to bass. It's also more complicated to use, and I'm more of a "set it and forget it" kind of guy. So, I went with the RBI.

4. I use the RBI for the same reasons as Fuzzbass,simple to use,sounds great and is set and forget.If you want something that you can get different sounds from and don't mind fiddling with the preamp the PSA-1 might be cool.I think all the Sansamp stuff works great.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    RBI is less expensive, but not programable, PSA might be great if you also play guitar, IT HAS SOME KILLER PRESETS!

But for bass only I'd go with RBI, not even RPM, however if you want some presets check out the new programbable bass DI pedal from tech 21. www.tech21nyc.com

http://www.tech21nyc.com/bassdriver_p.html

[​IMG]

I think its cheaper than the PSA.