Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp or Ebs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Alpha Waves, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Alpha Waves

Alpha Waves

Mar 4, 2006
    Hi im new here so thought id say hi, also i would like some advice on effects. I want to add an overdrive to my setup, something quite smooth and warm and just a little gritty. ive looked around and asked on other forums and ive been recommended the sansamp bass driver.

what i would like to know is how does this compare to pedals such as the EBS multidrive? do you think this will be the best pedal for me? and what other pedals would you recommend? thanks for your help.

btw this is the rig setup

stingray > punch factory > boss overdrive (being replaced) >boss chorus > ashdown mag 300w

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    tough choice....both are really good at what they do, but I give the nod to the programmable SansAmp because you have 3 customizable preset tones AND a DI.

3. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I have a subset of the EBS overdrive built into my HD350 head. The effect pedal has more flexibility and more pronounced levels of overdrive.

I run the HD350 drive at 75% most of the time. It adds a bunch of warm mids to the sound. Gives the tone a nice fuzzy attitude without being over bearing. Roll the treble off a bit, and the HD350, which many consider a hi fi slap sound, becomes a thick but articulate vintage sound.

Dave

4. Alpha Waves

Alpha Waves

Mar 4, 2006
    thanks, "thick but articulate vintage sound" has just swayed me a bit more towards the ebs.