Sansamp or Hartke?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spikesstickies, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Hey guys, i'm sort of in a dilema right now. I'm caught between either buy the sansamp bass driver or the hartke bass attack. I familiar that both of them are basically tone shapers with tube emulating effects and all, but other then going for the more costly one which would be the sansamp, what other differences are there are what would make a better choice? Does anyone own any of these, care to share?

Cheers, Spike
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Do a search for the sansamp. You'll get tons of info. I have one, and I love it. I use it ALLL the time.

As for the Hartke Bass Attack, I have never used it, but I am sure someone on this site has.
  3. Yea i've done quite a bit of searches for sansamp already, seems like loads of people are really happy with it, hmmm have not found much on the hartke yet though...
  4. There may be a clue there. ;) ;)

+1 for the SABDDI. Indispensable IMHO. :D
  5. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    These two have diffrent sound i think you have to try both of them.
    I used to have sansamp but dont like the sound and now i have hartke much better for me ..
  6. Hmmm wow ok, i guess i'm going to spend a bit more try going down to check both of them out then. I'm more of a person that really likes the heavy bass but without the muddiness of it, any ideas?

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is there something on

I think the programmability of the SABDDI wins out in my book
  8. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    I have the Hartke Bass Attack but havent tried the sansamp. The only BIG downside with the Hartke is that the Bass/Treble are always active. So I run mine into a looper to correct that problem.

Other then that I think its great. I use mine for that slightly overdrive ampeg type sound which is does well and then theres that shape knob, I dont know what it does but i like it! Makes any crap bass sound much better!
  9. spikesstickies:

I think if you search diligently enough, you will find a thread somewhere where a TBer actually set up a website dedicated to the SABDDI which included Sound Clips and Sample Settings.

Good luck. :) :)
  10. a choice better then both of them is the Fulltone Bass Driver

11. DUDE (plz excuse caps)
    i just saw a bass attack pedal in great cond. with box... for $0.99 atm.. its only early days, but you might be able to pick it up nice and cheap and find out if u like it.

Chips :bassist:
  12. I've been looking into pedal preamp/DI's for a while now,
    and these two are both contenders.
    Is there a list somewhere of pedal preamp/DI's for bass?
    I've found about 7 or 8, but I'd love to see what else is around.
  13. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    If you're not buying primarily for the distortion capabilities, then don't forget to check out the Aphex Bass Xciter!

The Xciter does a very similar kind of thing as the BDDI, tone-wise, but clean-clean-clean. ..And if you DO like distortion, the Xciter absolutely transforms a Boss ODB-3; I know those are rather poo-poo'ed around here, but I'm tellin' ya: they are a whole different animal with that Xciter at their input!