Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp or Sadowsky on the board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by echo008, Aug 24, 2005.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    For those of you who have had the chance to check both out which one would you keep on your pedalboard?

I just picked up a SansAmp after playing with a Sadowsky for awhile now, but in comparing them I am leaning towards the SansAmp.
    the Output seems stronger (louder) and there are more tonal options (I am not saying I dislike the Sadowsky ... not at all, I know its a only a 2 band EQ and its a great one) maybe Im just digging the SansAmp more because its new.

which one do you prefer? ....
    - Tom

2. dont get rid of the sadowsky man. You may find after a while, like me and many other previous Sansamp owners that it colors your sound maybe a little more then you'd like. I sold mine because of this. It made all of my basses and amps sound identical. It all had that same tone. The Sadowsky doesn't do this at all.

3. +1 for the SansAmp.

It "colours" my sound to the precise extent that I allow it to IMHO. :D :D

I find the Blend control very useful. ;)

4. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Im not going to get rid of it but I am going to pull it for the time being. I have used the Sadowsky on a bunch of recordings and live as well, and it always helped to make me sound good :)

I am using mostly Passive basses these days, and am still really finding my tone with the SansAmp, I dont know why I havent had one before.

- Tom

5. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I also like the presence control and adding a touch of overdrive to my tone as well for a little more bite.
    - Tom