1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SansAmp or Tone Hammer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TimboZ, Oct 3, 2009.

1. I like Tone Hammer

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. I like SansAmp

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. I like grapes

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    What setup would you use if you had no amp and went DI.

Board 1 Korg PitchBlack - Erine Ball VP - Punch Factory Tone Hammer

Board 2 Boss TU-2 SansAmp programable DI.

di003.

Most of my playing is in a church with no amp. DI into the board. We have a great sound system and I have a a wedge monitor with a 15 in driver. We play a lot of rockin stuff.

I'm having a hard time deciding on what one to leave home and what one to leave at church. I like them both.

2. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Try both set ups. Then decide. If leaving one pedal board at church bugs you, then go buy an affordable bag or case to tote your stuff around. You could also decide week to week what set up appeals to you that day, for tonal versatility. Pedal boards in a case or bag are not a logistical nightmare to haul around. If you were playing gigs at different venues, you'd be toting your gear in and out. Doing it once or twice a week for church isn't that big of a deal. I myself play for a church worship team, and I never leave my own gear behind, other than the old Peavey combo amp I've been using for the services.

3. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    I don't like leaving my gear in the car. For mid week practice (Tue) and mid week service (Wed) I am not able to stop at home before hand to get my gear. And I am the only bass player so no one else plays with my gear.

I have been using the Tone Hammer more than the SansAmp.
    I like using the volume pedal to swell into the notes.

4. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    I have both and I've stuck with the Tone Hammer, got rid of the Sansamp.

5. No comment on either of the boxes as I've played neither, but man, I love your pedal board. Very original and very clean!! :D

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I've owned the sansamp. With that being said, I'd go with the tone hammer.

7. jhan

jhan Guest

Tone Hammer all the way. I still can't believe it's only $200.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'd pair the Pitchblack with the Tonehammer.

9. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    I use the Zoom B2.1U as a tuner and occasional effects (chorus, reverb, some overdrive) in front of my Tone Hammer, works great and sound great!