1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp Para driver or EHX English Muff'n to get more crunch out of my Ampeg v4?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by him666, Jul 23, 2008.

1. EHX English Muff'n

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Sansamp Para Driver

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. I recently got a Ampeg V4. I also have a Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp and I like the SVP for the fact that it is really easy to get a crunchy overdriven tone.
    With the V4 that is really hard. My band doesn't play very loud so the tone out of the V4 never really gets overdriven.
    Should I get a pedal to get those desired overdriven tones?

The English Muff'n has got 2 tubes, but no XLR output.
    The Sansamp Para has XLR but no tubes..

Anyone with advice?
    Cheers!

:help:

2. get a power attenuator, its like a power soak you put between the head and cab so can you can crank the head but keep it at okay volumes! the overdrive on the v4 will be much better than most pedals

3. Thanks, I will Google on that!!

I also thought of buying a small Ampeg cab.
    My Aguilar cab is very efficient. So to get the same ammount of DB's with the Ampeg cab I have to crank the amp more..

4. Does anyone here use a power attenuator?
    If so, which one?

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1 to power attenuator.

I love how this thread is asking about 2 effects that I use to own, and the obvious answer is "neither" :D

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021