1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sansamp problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimbo_bazzplayr, May 10, 2010.

1. i bought a sansamp rbi from america not long ago. me being a total dumb **** i plugged it into the wall with a computer cable, not knowing that the volts are different in australia, all i know is that i blew a fuse.
    i got new fuses
    and i bought a step down converter, for american volts
    but it still wont work...
    does anyone know what i can do
    or where i can go to fix it?

2. You've probably blown it completely ie. Its not going to work, and is pretty much trash.

3. serious, is there anything i can do to fix it?
    if it blew the fuse wouldnt it of just stopped there?

4. Im not 100% on it, but I think its something more that gets blown and is very costly to replace.

5. :S eff life, where should i go to get it checked out?

6. Just an auido tech servicing store, there is bound to be a few around sydney.

7. GtenderG

GtenderG

Feb 29, 2008
    Finding a repair place and getting an estimate is great if you can do that. But be prepared that the cost of repair will most likely be more than the cost of another used one.
    Sorry, it sounds like a pricey lesson...

Best of luck.

8. Call up a local music store they should point you in the right direction if they dont do it instore.

9. ill look around online for some.
    thanks heaps mate

10. not keen on spending more money haha, going to have to i guess =[

11. Overvoltage wont blow the fuse, only overcurrent will. Overcurrent is probably what happened after you blew it up with overvoltage. You could look inside and see if there are any obvious signs of damage. It is likely that your transformer inside the unit is blown, but that may not be all.

12. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm working full time now, but let me know if you can't find anyone else & i'll have a look at it for ya.

13. hmm i opened it up yesterday, can see any signs of damage at all, my mums bf knows a audio tech i think so he might take it into him, or im going to my mates dad whos an electrician see if he can help at all aye.