1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SansAmp Programable Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by metallist, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Hey all, I searched :bag:

Does anyway have any sound samples of the SansAmp Programable Bass Driver? I am seriously looking at purchasing one - wanting it to add some dirt/grit what ever you call it to my tone (think John Myungs tone from Systematic Chaos [Constant Motion/Dark Eternal Night]).

Any help will be much appreciated! :hyper:

Cheers.

2. Ebelow

Ebelow

Jul 27, 2008
    Campbell, CA
    Hey,
    I have got the programmable deluxe, and easily can get close those sounds - even with the factory setups, like full tube, vst, slap, my three fav. to playing Myung stuff, but depends how you play and what instrument are you using. Mainly using this pedal for practice with headphone amp and in ear monitor with balanced xlr cable, smoothing out your bass. Or live, at "no-amp" gig. I think Myung using lot of tone mixed with tubey sound and clear DI mixed at least 50-50% and very balanced maytbe compression help, but with balanced out you will be OK. With the PBDDI, you can get clear and tubey tones, and both sounds good for that prog rock. If I using with my amp (Mesa M-pulse), only using the Sansamp's parallel out, and sending the signal from my amp DI post out, not altering my amp tone, and that case the Sansamp transforms to a backup ampi-DI, if my amp dies on stage.
    Unfortunatelly I do not have any sound sample, but when I got my programmable Sansamp I was surprised how sounds good in the headphones the factory setups, previously I used the simple version and never tried to tweek the knobs for the given factory setups in the manual, I thought I know what tone I want and like, but now constantly using the factorys, but I got my old sansamp tone saved in one channel from the six!

3. Cool - I am currently using a Schecter Studio 6 bass through a GK700RB.

Thoughts?

4. Ebelow

Ebelow

Jul 27, 2008
    Campbell, CA
    Yeah, great, if you using before your amp, make sure your amp setup is all flat, and try using the sansamp like a preamp.

5. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    +1
    i use mine in the fx loop which already bypasses the EQ, its really amazing (i have the 3ch.) i can use the 1/4 out to my amp as a mont. and send the xlr to the sound guy for mains:bassist:

6. I don't run mine throught the effects loop. I use the eq to get an even better tone. boosting the low mids a little, cutting some treble and bass etc.

I love it, I can get just the tone I want from it. But I think if it had one more channel, it would be a lot better. But deff. worth the money.

7. Wow. The cheapest UPS gave me was $115 USD. If anyone else has a cheaper method of international shipping I am all ears.

8. ^^^That is a rip off - I work in the airfreight industry and that is just silly. How heavy is it? (Unfortunalty I can't get discounts...)

9. 3lbs all packed up.

10. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    I shipped a pedal to Singapore last year for under $25