Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp programable???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crockettnj, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    these seem like they'd be a big hit. i have it on my gas list.

any feedback from those who have them or have used them, and perhaps some pros and cons compared to other tech 21 stuff??

can you run them through an effects loop from your amp, or is it strictly from bass to sansamp pedal to input/board?

thanks

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I have one - it's a BDDI with three patches. Great, for the obvious reasons. I use mine between bass and amp. I've also used it as a DI for recording, works just fine.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Like bassybill said, I run mine between my bass and amp and use the DI for recording. I really like being able to have 3 really different sounds (4 if you count "off") instantly available.

4. Is the overdrive on it any good? I just ordered one (not for that reason), and was wondering how it sounds.

5. The overdrive is the best part off it!

Ive only got a normal sansamp BDDI, and dont need the 3 patchs tbh, because everytime i go to use mine i play with the sound a bit, and just use that all the time

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You know-- i'm thinking about asking for one of these for Christmas or something. I'd probably sell my Aphex Punch Factory.

I like the fact that I can DI so when I play in the High School Band at Church I don't have to bring my amp and I have tone shaping possibilities. I'd probably put one stomp at an EQ that has lots of mids, one stomp more scooped and a little overdrive (Geddy Lee anyone?), and one with a lot of overdrive.

GAhhhhhh why do I tease myself?

7. Well.. I have one! And it's nice, but it's a big struggle to find my sound with it. I have the feeling that it always compresses the sound quite a bit. And I don't really like that :eyebrow:

8. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Got it, love it. According to the manual it should be connected such as to bypass your preamp, going directly to the amp in, or effects return.