Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slater, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    now that's cool. That's been one of my issues with the sansamp, it's one channel 'all or nothing' operation. I'll definitely give this one a spin!

3. +1. :) :) :)

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, I tried this out at Namm, sounded great!

5. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  6. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    I was looking for the blend knob too,where is it? :(

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    BAH! If there was a programmable RBI, I'd be in heaven.

8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    There was actually another "Driver" at NAMM, I forget the exact name, but it killed. It was like the Bass Driver, but had a lot more distortion to it.

9. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  10. rluk

rluk

Nov 4, 2004
    Tallinn, Estonia
    whoot!
    suddenly I m not feeling so bad anymore that I havent got me
    sabddi yet :D

11. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Quite the opposite sentiment over here :( .

12. Marvin

Marvin

Jun 27, 2004
    Finland, Kokkola
    wow this is just what i need

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, it's really cool, but you'd think they'd've taken this opportunity to put a MID CONTROL on the danged thing. Pffft.

14. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Well that para driver has a mid control. I went to get test some pedal pre-amps, and the fodera one i tried with a mid control i didn't care much for. I think Sansamp and Sadowsky have it right with getting rid of the mid control. Unless a mid-control has a frequency selector it seems useless to me.

15. So I was considering getting the Sansamp RBI because of the midrange option which is very important to me, but this new programmable BDDI is capturing my interest. Any ideas?

16. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
  17. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I can see myself getting one of these to replace my BDDI (which is my pre-amp) and selling my Fulltone bassdrive. If I have 3 BDDI settings then that'll cover what the fulltone does in combination at the moment, perhaps not quite as impressively but enough for me.

18. That Para Driver looks sweet with the mid controls... any idea how it would sound for overdriven bass-sounds?

19. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I almosta already ordered a Sadowsky DI, but I think that I'm going to order the new Sansamp. Looks perfect, and the price is about the same as the price of the Sad, plus I get the overdrive. Do I need my Fulltone bassdrive anymore :eyebrow:

Btw, where can I get one?

20. Looks like a good place for an effect question instead of making a new thread. Well i want an awesome tube over drive sounding effect and was told about Sansamps. Well i am wondering what would be your opinion as to the best one for that? Also is the rack model of the bass processor a lot better than the pedals? With a rock model can you use it in the effects loop of a current rack setup instead of using it as a pre amp?
    Thanks,
    Dave