1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp PSA-1 into Hartke HA5000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Sep 22, 2004.

1. OK. I was seriously thinking about getting a PSA-1 early next year to replace the preamp in my HA5000, and use the power stage as amplification until I can afford a QSC. I'm a huge distortion fan and I've heard amazing things about the PSA-1, and the sound files are good enough for me. They cost £700($1400) list over here, but I've been seen one for £400($800) in mint condition that will go very soon unlesss I pounce. I'm getting some cash in the next couple days that I earmarked for an Aphex 204 to replace my Behringer, which was £200($400), but I don't mind spending another £200 for such a great deal.

My question is twofold: Get the PSA-1, live a little tighter for a while, and get the Aphex & rack case whenever I get the chance, or get the Aphex, live in luxury for a while, then probably have to bite the bullet on a new PSA-1 sometime next year? And is the PSA-1 as good as it's made out to be?

Thanks for any help,

PF