sansamp PSA 1, some doubts...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lucahost, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Lucahost

Lucahost

Nov 12, 2005
    Italy
    hi everybody, :D
    I'm new in this forum but I've already been on an Italian forum (yes I'm Italian so if I write some nonsense, you'll easily guess why... :smug: )

here is my question, since I've made a little searching but I couldn't find what I wanted, I'll ask you :

I've got an eden WT550 and I would like to use the PSA 1 just as an effect, like a stomp box, not as a pre-amp (to mantain the clean sound of my eden and have some distorsion when I need it), but I don't know if this would work, someone knows how good Dirk Lance was using this thing in his rig ? if I put it in the send return of the WT550 I would have a too loud signal (and what if I put it in the input of the head exactly as if it was a stomp box) ?

suggestions opinions ?

thanx

2. Lucahost

Lucahost

Nov 12, 2005
    Italy
    anybody out there ? :(

3. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I own the new PSA 1.1. I think you could do both. The preamp control has enough range to tame the level of the "send" .

On the other hand, you could just use it as a "stompbox" just in front of the bass input.

I do not know how Lance used to do it. Maybe he had a clean signal split to the Sansamp and a dedicated poweramp/cabinet for it. I remember him using a 3way setup for lows, mids, highs.

I tend to keep my rig simple, using low noise devices with everything in line.
    I am using the Sansamp together with my SWR SM 500. The tuner output is feeding a dry signal to the PSA. From there it goes to the blendable effect return of the SWR. So the PSA get always the same signal, no matter what EQ tweaks i do.

4. Gastón

Gastón

Nov 28, 2004
    Spain
    i revently buy a PSA unit and i think its a great preamp, i use it with Crown power amp...One thing about PSA dont like-> a excesive Mid-Bass Sound in all presets, i use a passive pedulla rapture, what do you think about? can i fix it with a EQ(maybe in rack?)?

5. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Here's Dirk's rig from Guitargeek.com:

[​IMG]

In your case, I'd just run the bass into the PSA and then into the eden.