Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp psa-1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Jan 1, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    anyone use one out there? i love the idea of midi switching and being able to double on guitar. however beyond the soundbytes on their site i have no idea how it would cut the mustard as a bass pre. especially in a live setting. anybody do a gig with one? did you like it or hate it? would you rather have an rbi or a bmax?

2. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    bump

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    freebie bump, i dig the Tech 21 NYC Sansamp stuff-i have 2 [sorta-one is on the way] so whatever anyone has to say about the PSA-id like to hear too.

4. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    I use one for recording. For me how it performs as a dedicated bass preamp really depends on what sound you're going after. I like the basic sounds it gives but I don't find them quite enough. When I team the PSA-1 with an EQ it gives me everything I need. The EQ gives allows me that little bit of extra control and ability to get a little more out of the sounds of the PSA-1.

5. My brother used to have one and i tried it on bass. It can produce tones very similar to the rbi and bass driver, so if you like the sansamp tone it will be fine otherwise not.