1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sansamp psa-1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Jan 1, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    anyone use one out there? i love the idea of midi switching and being able to double on guitar. however beyond the soundbytes on their site i have no idea how it would cut the mustard as a bass pre. especially in a live setting. anybody do a gig with one? did you like it or hate it? would you rather have an rbi or a bmax?

2. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    bump

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    freebie bump, i dig the Tech 21 NYC Sansamp stuff-i have 2 [sorta-one is on the way] so whatever anyone has to say about the PSA-id like to hear too.

4. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    I use one for recording. For me how it performs as a dedicated bass preamp really depends on what sound you're going after. I like the basic sounds it gives but I don't find them quite enough. When I team the PSA-1 with an EQ it gives me everything I need. The EQ gives allows me that little bit of extra control and ability to get a little more out of the sounds of the PSA-1.

5. My brother used to have one and i tried it on bass. It can produce tones very similar to the rbi and bass driver, so if you like the sansamp tone it will be fine otherwise not.