Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp Q

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fretbuzz, Jan 8, 2002.

1. just so i can understand, what is a sansamp and what is it purpose? thanks

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Does it have a stereo out for heaphones?

3. Not that I know of, but that link I posted should work and you could do the research like most of us do... Sorry.

4. hey bigfeet, were you born a dick head or did you work on it as you grew up

5. how was he being a dickhead? He gave you an answer and a link to all the info that you need on the sansamp... especially since you have no idea what the hell it is. A simple search anywhere on the web could have atleast given you an idea on what a sansamp was before you came to us with more technical questions... dont be a jerk on this forum, there are plenty of slipknot boards for you to do that on.

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Neither the website or the reviews I've read indicate whether the 1/4" outs on the Sansamp are stereo. Any owners here have firsthand experience?

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well fret buzz, as bigfeet could tell you, it takes a very long time. but he wasent being a dick. How bout sparing some of our time and searching, or going to the website. Dick.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  9. my question was , i thought a simple one, was regarding the "sansamp" that i read about here at talkbass all the time, stuff like "you need to run that through a sansamp" or " do i need a sansamp with that" i just would like to know its function, or at least what it is used for most of the time. i dont know if there is multiple lines of equipment and sansamp is just a brand name for a wide variety of equipment the the company offers. sorry if i flew off the handle, i was probably misdirecting that comment. ive just notice an underlying chip on many shoulders around here regarding information that may seem simple to some. i kinda thought this was a site where a less than godlike bassist can learn about equipment and so on. my apologoies to you Bigfeet, i was having a bad day.

10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    fretbuzz -

As a newbie to the SansAmp world, I'll share what little I know.

A SansAmp stomp is a DI box/tube amp emulator/preamp/overdrive all in one. You can use it as an effect, as a DI box, or even as a preamp to a power amp. I tried one as an effect into a G-K 400RB, and it sweetened up the tone immensely.

A SansAmp RBI (like I have) is basically the same thing in a rack mount configuration. The RBI adds mid control (the stomp only has bass and treble) and a bit more versatility when used as a preamp for a power amp (like I'm doing).

I looked at and demo’ed as many preamps as I could, and this old fart liked the RBI the best. YMMV, of course.

Can I make a suggestion? Go through the SansAmp stomp reviews on Harmony Central - that's where I did my initial basic research into the SABDDI, followed by a few evenings here in the archive.

Good luck!

11. ...Hey it's no problem, you came up trying to ask a question and I sorta snaped at you. As you can see there's been allot of questions on the sansamp BDDI here lately and I sorta got tired of typing but that link I posted should answer most of your questions. HeavyDuty gave the best answer in this thread giving you the most information. As for the god like thing, this site is for your and other bassists' questions and despite what some of us may act like or reply we're here to help each other.

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh,,,this is so great guys...*snif*....*snif*

13. :rolleyes:

lol

14. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Right. But really, the question was a stupid one, because the answer is all over. A quick browse through "Effects [BG]" or search on a search engine for "sansamp" would either get you to the manufacturer's site or a similar thread to this. The tech 21 site is really good and would have told you all you needed.

As for this "underlying chip" on our shoulders: it's because this is a place to help each other so it's nice to not have forums full of n00b questions easily answered by browsing around (something all n00bs end up doing until they catch up to a "normal" level)

Sorry if we came off as harsh (I apologise for the rest, as I had no part in it) but we prefer if questions can be answered simply (searching). However, don't let this scare you from posting questions again, we are a helpful bunch. Chances are if someone doesn't know something, someone else will.

15. I thought that the only stupid question was one that was never asked, next time i'll know better. thanks for your input (c:enter)

16. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    No, there was a stupid question in here once. I think it went something like, "Should I get the Yorkville or the Eden?" Something like that. Maybe it was Rogue or SWR. Crate or EBS? Ibanez or Fodera? Squier or Lakland? Carvin or Aguilar? Whatever.

17. should i buy a yugo or bmw 740i? i mean they both have wipers and 4 wheels, whats the difference?

18. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    Hey, the yugo was a good car for its time. Too bad NATO blew up the plant back in 1999

19. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Excuse me, but the Yugo was never a good car. Where did you get your information?