Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp RBI connection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Feb 21, 2004.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey all,

I just have a quick question about connecting a SansAmp RBI to my amp. I am thinking of buying the SansAmp but I wanted to make sure it would work with my rig prior to spending $300 on it.

So the question is: can I run the SansAmp through the effects loop on my SVT-4Pro? I don't want to completely override my SVT's preamp, that's why I thought the effects loop would be a good place for it rather than running it into the power amp input jack on the Ampeg. The effects loop would allow me to toggle between my SVT preamp and the mixture of the SVT and the SansAmp which would be nice as well. So would this work? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Justin

2. hello there-----to answer your question.....YES YOU CAN .......i use a swr750x with a sansamp with great results....get the rack mount version (rbi), it has multiple outputs, and can be use as an effect unit (send and returns) also has line outs and is foot switchable so you could have 3 channels....