Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp rbi footswitch?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jan 20, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Is it possible for a footswitch to turn a Sansamp RBI on and off? I'm aiming for a certain low end disortion and running it through the effects loop of my head, and switching it on and off. Basically, I want to use my normal head sound, but then use the RBI to add growl in the lower frequencies.

~Patrick

2. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    You can, indeed, hook up a footswitch to the RBI and use it as a rackmount distortion unit (although I donno about putting it through an effects loop. I always liked distortion in front of the preamp, personally). Any will do, although I got the one that comes with the unit.

3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Yup... There is an input right there in the back... but you need to use a latching unpowered footswitch, I actualy have the tech 21 footswitch it came with my RBI when I got it new... I second that the RBI should be in front of your amp's input... It would sound like caca in the fx loop...

Alex

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Is the footswitch included with the RBI?

Everyone is telling me to avoid the effects loop, so I'll prolly use direct line.

~Patrick

5. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Oh sorry.. Nooo, I was given mine because they messed up my order and sent me a SABDDI... So they gave me a free footswitch with mine, but ya... All about sending the signal directly into the front of your amp...

Alex