SansAmp RBI -- is the 1/4 " output balanced?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ronzo, Feb 14, 2003.

1. I have the RBI run into my QSC RMX-850 and I like the results. I'd like to have the XLR output available for DI, and use Tip-Ring-Sleeve (TRS) 1/4" cables to connect to the power amp for quieter performance. I've run a search here, I've RTFM, and I've checked the Tech 21 NYC website. No information seems to be available on whether or not the RBI supports balanced TRS 1/4" cabling on its output jack. Does anyone out there know for sure if it does or not? Thanks in advance for the info.
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hmmm - I don't think they're TRS, but I'm not sure. Try dropping Tech21 an email? Please report back if you find out, OK?
  3. bill15142

May 5, 2007
    Hi All

I came across this very old thread looking for the exact same answer. Since we didn't get one here I emailed Tech-21. Here's their answer should anyone else come looking.

"Thanks for your inquiry. All the RBI's 1/4" Input and Outputs are unbalanced (TS)"

So now we know!
  4. Had spoken with Lloyd at one point, who also said no need to spend the extra on a TRS. The XLR is of course Balanced if you use it instead, but won't likely notice a difference.