Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp RBI or Ampeg SVT-BSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bj_rocke, Mar 27, 2005.

1. bj_rocke

bj_rocke

Mar 27, 2005
    Nottingham, U.K
    If u had a choice of either the Sansamp RBI or the Ampeg SVT-BSP for overdrive which would you go for?

2. bj_rocke

bj_rocke

Mar 27, 2005
    Nottingham, U.K
    hi, i would really like some advice, please help.... im stuck between these 2 preamps and dont know which one to go for........im looking for the one with the best overdrive.......many thanks

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    i've never tried the BSP myself; I have the sans amp RBI, but I don't use it's overdrive much. I actually use a channel on the Tech21 TRI-AC for that. I have heard the BSP though, and the four minutes that I listened to it sounded good.

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Go to www.basstasters.com that will help you a lot in your search!!!

I´ve been through the same question and probably get the SVP-BSP some day. More versatile in many ways.

5. bj_rocke

bj_rocke

Mar 27, 2005
    Nottingham, U.K
    today i found out you cant get the SVT-BSP in the u.k anymore, so ive gone for the sansamp, cheers for the help anyhows

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Never cared for the BSP. It sucks IMHO. It's almost impossible to get a mellow tone out of it and at the same time it can't deliver Ampeg oomph goodness.
    The SVP-Pro or CL would fit me much better. I don't have anything against the RBI neither.
    So between BSP and RBI, for me it would be RBI.

7. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well, the BSP wasn't designed to get a mellow tone from- it was designed to get Billy Sheehan's tone, and that's far from mello.

Ted

8. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    does the RBI have a footswitch? if so is it just on/off, or can you change channels/tones?

9. bj_rocke

bj_rocke

Mar 27, 2005
    Nottingham, U.K
    its just a on/off foot switch

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

That would be a PSA-1. Fully programmable.