Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp RBI Owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Dec 7, 2003.

1. What output do you use to connect to your power amp?

The reason I'm asking is that the Power amp I'm using has both 1/4 and XLR inputs. The power amp's XLR is a balanced input and has a higher impedance than the 1/4. However, when I connect my SansAmp to the power amp via the Sansamp's XLR out to the power amps XLR in, it clips the power amp more easily than just using the 1/4 to 1/4 connection. Using the EXACT same levels on the Sansamp.

Doe's the Sanamp's XLR out have a different output level than the 1/4 Sansamp output? I have it switched to 0dB. If anyone has a pdf of the manual and can email it to me I'd appreciate it.

Wouldn't the higher impedance, balanced, input have less noise and a lower level?

:confused:

2. I use the quarter plug Sansamp input to the quarter plug input in my poweramp. Rock out.

3. hi mate
    hope you get your reply soon
    i was thinking the same with the bddi...if i make a patch cable using XLR to 1/4..my effects return is 1/4 if i can get any more power out of the bddi...i know you are talking rbi..but XLR is XLR ???
    have we met somewhere?
    :)

4. I use the xlr output for my rig and have no problems. I can't find the manual but if I do I'll let you know.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i used the 1/4" output to the 1/4" input of my power amp. i saved the XLR for DI recording.

6. hi GM
    tech 21 tell me that the XLR ouput on the sansamp has a pad which gives -4db...this seems to be the one to feed the XLR on your amp?
    the jack connections are 0db...now thats what they say...dont ask me to explain too much except they give advice on how to remove the pad if your XLR is not hot enough...and that seems to be the reverse with your situation
    cheers
    mrcrow