Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp RBI owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jmanyea, Aug 13, 2002.

1. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I just finally received my RBI after 8 weeks of backorder. It seems like a great unit which I will be using w/ a Carvin DCM1000 amplifier. It did not come with a manual though, I guess somebody at Guitar Center sniped it. I emailed Tech 21 for a manual but I was wondering what people are using for their settings. I play many styles from alt-country to psychadelic rock to pop depending on the gig but generally like to find one great tone for the particular gig and go with it. I'm mostly using a Steve Harris P-bass or a modded Essex fretless P.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Mine is pretty white bread - I start with Presence at 9 o'clock, Blend at 12 o'clock, Bass at 1 o'clock, Mids at 1 o'clock, and Treble at 10 or 11 o'clock, and lightly tweak from there. "Tweak" is the operative word - a little knob travel goes a l-o-n-g way with an RBI.

3. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Drive@10
    Presence@12
    Blend@1
    Bass@1
    Mid@1
    Treble@12
    XLR and Level@10

I find that it sounds more overdriven through the FOH then through my cabs, while playing out, so I tweak back the drive a little to accomodate.