Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp Rbi Vs Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ojthesimpson, Oct 9, 2004.

1. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    Sansamp RBI/QSC RMX 1450 vs SVT4 Pro/Sansamp DI w/ ampeg 810

I like a good warm bottom end with some grind. I have a Sansamp Di that I could plug into the svt 4 pro. Price is an issue but not major.
    I own a GK 1001 rb and I just can't get a good bottom end sound out of it with a SS di

either way I'll be keeping the Sansamp because I love it, I just wonder if it's worth getting an svt pro or just going to the sansamp power/pre setup

2. With just the RBI, you'd only be getting a sansamp tone, but with the BDDI and the SVT4 you have two tones there.

Up to you though.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    What about an SVP-PRO with the QSC RMX1450 and your BDDI? That should get you roughly the SVT-4PRO sound and it'll still be cheaper.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Excellent idea!

I love the SansAmp grind, but Ampeg amps and preamps do have much better tone-shaping ability, especially in the mids. (FWIW, I own an RBI, a SABDDI, and an SVP-Pro... never use 'em all at once though!)

5. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    ive heard a lot of bad things about the SVP Pro
    mostly that is has a ton of feedback and hum.

I wish I could try these out. I may end up going with the SVT Pro 4 simply because I can hear it in person at GC.

I'll always have a sansamp thought :)

6. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Get the SVP-BSP
    It's like the SVP-Pro but it has a noise gate also which eliminates all hum.

7. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    i have an svp pro with and rmx 1450 and svt 8x10. now that i have everything set up right, it crushes. i love it. i also have a bddi, but i never really use it at all. i've been thinking about it lately though.

i've heard that the svt 4 pro's are a bit disappointing when it comes to loudness. and i've heard that the older ones break down alot.

but i don't have personal experience with one, so i can't say for sure.

i'd say get the rmx 1450/svp pro. then you could always just sell the ampeg for an rbi if you wanted to.