Sansamp Rbi Vs Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ojthesimpson, Oct 9, 2004.

1. ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    Sansamp RBI/QSC RMX 1450 vs SVT4 Pro/Sansamp DI w/ ampeg 810

I like a good warm bottom end with some grind. I have a Sansamp Di that I could plug into the svt 4 pro. Price is an issue but not major.
    I own a GK 1001 rb and I just can't get a good bottom end sound out of it with a SS di

either way I'll be keeping the Sansamp because I love it, I just wonder if it's worth getting an svt pro or just going to the sansamp power/pre setup
  2. With just the RBI, you'd only be getting a sansamp tone, but with the BDDI and the SVT4 you have two tones there.

Up to you though.
  3. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    What about an SVP-PRO with the QSC RMX1450 and your BDDI? That should get you roughly the SVT-4PRO sound and it'll still be cheaper.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Excellent idea!

I love the SansAmp grind, but Ampeg amps and preamps do have much better tone-shaping ability, especially in the mids. (FWIW, I own an RBI, a SABDDI, and an SVP-Pro... never use 'em all at once though!)
  5. ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    ive heard a lot of bad things about the SVP Pro
    mostly that is has a ton of feedback and hum.

I wish I could try these out. I may end up going with the SVT Pro 4 simply because I can hear it in person at GC.

I'll always have a sansamp thought :)
  6. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Get the SVP-BSP
    It's like the SVP-Pro but it has a noise gate also which eliminates all hum.
  7. thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    i have an svp pro with and rmx 1450 and svt 8x10. now that i have everything set up right, it crushes. i love it. i also have a bddi, but i never really use it at all. i've been thinking about it lately though.

i've heard that the svt 4 pro's are a bit disappointing when it comes to loudness. and i've heard that the older ones break down alot.

but i don't have personal experience with one, so i can't say for sure.

i'd say get the rmx 1450/svp pro. then you could always just sell the ampeg for an rbi if you wanted to.