1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp RBI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Buddhaful, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Buddhaful

Buddhaful

May 17, 2005
    How useful is this if I have a bass with Active Electronics and a decent effects pedal...which I only use 2 of 33 preset sounds?

Is it worth spending $200 for one that's a year old?

http://www.tech21nyc.com/rbi.html

thanks for your input..

2. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    First off if its the same RBI and the one I saw, MF has them listed, I think new, for $199 free S&H, check the site. This way you can return it for refund up to 30 or 45 days, again check the site.
    I've been wondering if I could use one of these or not. I always thought it is something used for getting alot of growl out of your amp, like SVT sounds, etc. I have a Digitech BP200 effects/amp modeler that I bought a couple years ago. I messed with it around the house but have never used it at gigs. At low volumes at home I can play with the sounds but once I took it to a gig could not find the right gain settings to use without feedback and distortion. So its a home toy but I do like the Ashdown amp setting and I am getting more used to the settings where maybe I can try to use it live again, I too only use a couple settings that I created. I would like to try they SABDDI because I read so much about them here, just dont know if it will do anything for me. I just placed my BBE maximizer into my GK1001RBI rack to use tonite at a gig, that seems to help my sound abit. I heard some soundbites of the SABDDI on MF site yesterday and you should read the user reviews too.
    Good Luck

3. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I just went back and opened your attachment, your looking at a rack mount, what I saw was a stomp box and again dont know if the RBI is the same as the SABDDI. Can anyone else help him. again good luck.

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it's a very nice preamp for getting some nice grit in your tone. if you want a tube-overdrive type sound, it's the way to go. what kind of amp do you have? if it's solid state, but you want a warmer, overdriven kind of sound, then go for it! 200 bucks is a great deal.

i don't really use mine as one of my effects... i use it in my ashdown's effects loop. gives me a little extra grit and warmth.

5. Buddhaful

Buddhaful

May 17, 2005
    I have a Hartke 7000 head & an Ampeg 4x10 (HLF I think).

Sounds like maybe I should go for it.

6. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Doesn't Geddy Lee use the RBI?

7. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

yes.

8. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    all i can say is: i love my RBI. gives my sound a whole lotta juicy oomph.

the back of the unit has all the options you'd ever want for I/O... effected and uneffected outs in XLR and 1/4" formats, a second input with a 20dB pad (good for active bass) so you can hook it up more easily in a rack, footswitch in/out, and it's own effects loop.

plus, you've got dedicated bass, mid, treble, and presence controls, drive, blend, level, and XLR level right on the front. great for studio and live.

it's like this: :bassist:. really.

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    If the RBI is anything like the BDDI quality wise and such, it is totally worth it.

10. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    That is a very good price for a good piece of gear.

11. Andy V.

Andy V.

Nov 5, 2006
    Dumbo, NY
    I'd go for it.
    It will bring a whole new character to your rig.