1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp review

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
  2. Thanks, that's actually quite helpful. Just a quick question, does this pedal have all the same feature sas the "regular" non-programmable Bass driver DI?

3. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Hey Sonic Freak!

Yeah it does, exactly the same but just three channels of it.

4. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Thanks for the nice review. The reason for the "delay" when adjusting the drive and level controls is so you don't inadvertently create a massive volume jump which could potentially damage speakers and ear drums. It's called the lazy pot feature.

From the manual:

5. Thanks for the response. Just looking at the pictures, I think there's no parallel 1/4" output though ?

6. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Oh cool, I never thought of it like that! I'd love to road test and review some of your other gear =)

7. madurolover

madurolover

May 21, 2011
    Tampa Fl
    Can you get a Chorus effect out of it? How well does it handle slap? Do you plug into the PA or through a cab? My cab (Ampeg 410) doesnt handle slap very well so which is needed in a few situations.

8. Ti got a very good deal on a ised pne and Im very happy woth it!

To answer ypur question, there's no chorus in that pedal and ypu can it in both the PA and in your amp's input.

It does hanlde slap well from what I know. The SVT proposed set-up is awesome...

9. Man....i just realized how bad i type with an iphone...:-( sorry guys.

10. zsahadak

zsahadak

Mar 4, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    madurolover, generally you'll run to the PA, to run it into the ampeg cab you'd need a power amp.

11. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    No there is no parallel out on the Programmable version. You would need to get the Bass Driver Deluxe for that feature.