1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp RPM + Rickenbacker Goodness

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chronicle, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    So i finally got my Rickenbacker back so i'm gonna show off the two here. I'm using the XLR from the Sansamp into my soundcard. I'll post more clips tomorrow :]

I'm loving the Sansamp, very versatile with the Mid Freq. control! I'll post clips of that as well tomorrow.

http://media.putfile.com/sobermixitup

2. Terrible.

3. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Reeallly? That hurts ;/ I do still have to play with the settings. What don't you like about it? I've been getting good responses from people so far.

4. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Your E-string sounds pretty f*cking heavy! And the initial chords were spot on with the song I think.

5. No, heheh, just playin wit cha.

I'm curious what tone you're going for though? It's a lot fuzzier than I guess I thought. Of course, that is likely just the gain knob turned up a lot?

I think for a Tool sound (I don't have a sansamp but instead a blended in distortion+eq) you want gain on the left side of the clock, as there is definitely a crunchy channel but not gained up to the point of fuzz. But I really don't know all the exact details on the sansamp so I'm just going on what I think everything does from the pictures I've seen. :D

6. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Well i'm not really trying to copy the Tool sound[anymore at least!], but actually i have the Drive set at around 1 oc. It's a little high but it's a pretty cool sound ;] The Undertow tone is a little distorted though unlike Justin who has his dirt more in the backround.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Awesome!

I've been loving my RPM. I don't use that much fuzz at gigs, but it's fun to dial it in at rehearsals.

8. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Yeah, I don't think i'd use this much drive when i hook it up with the GK. Makes my effects sound bad too.

9. Yeah gotcha, I think it sounds awesome. The ric on its own sounds full of awesome low levels of harmonic distortion (whatever that means). But its definitely a good unit for bass, especially in a 3 piece band. Some distortion to fill out the sound but with all the fundamentals of your bass tone in there.

10. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Indeed, i'll do some clean clips tomorrow. The RPM can dish out soooo many tones.

11. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I wish my Ibby sounded as good with my sansamp as your ric does lol. Your drive seems to come out more than mine though. I like it. =] And yeah I love how much heavier it makes my chords! :D
    Good sh*t.

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Sounds freakin awesome to me