Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SANSAMP rules+ guitar POD as bass effects ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ece99, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ece99

ece99

Jan 6, 2003
    I have a POD for guitar that i am so happy with
    BUT i bought SANSAMP today BASS DRIVER !
    IT is great for the bass BUT there is a PLUS !!!
    ------ CHECK THIS OUT :
    1-IT also works great with an electro acoustic !!!
    it gives me the bassy low tone i always dreamed of
    in an aoustic !!! But be careful to feedback turn the volume and BASS down....
    2- It gives a great compressed clean sound to my electric guitar ! (its a G&L S500)
    So i dont even need to carry my POD sometimes if i only need a clean sound or dont need to buy an acoustic simulator or preamp !!!
    Am i dreaming or is this real ? Anybody who has Sansamp and has the same feeling ?????

Q QUESTION :
    CAn i use my pod guitar's effects wiht my bass guitar lined up to sansamps then POD ?

2. Herkimer

Herkimer

Dec 10, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I recently got the Sansamp RBI and an Ultrafex Aural Enhancer. For my band's latest recordings, I ran the bass (Spector NS5CR) into the Sansamp, through the Ultrafex, and into the board. The signal and sound are so good that the producer didn't effect, EQ, or compress the track.

The track is so punchy and complete in all its EQ frequencies that it sounds best without any enhancement. According to the producer, that's pretty unusual. We all sang the praises of Sansamp and Begringer.

I'll post a track or two when we finish.

Herkimer

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    The Sans Amp is God's little gift to bass players. I don't know how I ever played without it.

4. i just got my sansamp a few weeks ago and im totally impressed by it. I haven't had the time to fully explore it, but, what I have heard is amazing.