Sansamp Tech21 bass driver

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, Feb 7, 2003.

1. People rave about these... How would this help my tone and what does it do to your tone that people rave about. Would it improve my tone with my hartke b120, or would the extra stuff cause my amp to distort even more at higher volumes??? just wanna know. DONT tell me to run a search please:)

But would it help the louder volume situations considering my amp distorts?
  2. or is this just something if your going into a PA and dont want to bring an amp?
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    "Run a search".

Well. go on now. It's been discussed like, a million times. you could have just posted your question in one of the many threads that exist on it already.
  4. Well Im posting it here. Not many people are going to open up an old thread. you could have just answered my question. And what IF i did post it in a thread already created? you'd tell me to search, HUH?

I think I'm entitled to ask questions here.
    If everyone ran things by the TB search engine, there'd be no new posts:rolleyes:

I told you NOT to tell me to run a search, because I knew that someone WOULD tell me to. i have my own question that i just asked, Im looking for an answer, not a smart ass remark...

End of flame, and no more people flame on my thread...

If you don't want to be helpful, don't post on this forum, this is a help-seeking/help giving forum.
  5. Pollybass (and other TB members), I've been trying to get you guys to TEACH people how to use the search function. Stop telling people to "Do a Search" and help them out with some "Why do you search under the words SAMSAMP and BDDI?" Let's be a little more constructive here.

Bassist31588, sorry but you're wrong. A lot of your questions can be answered if you take the time to look around. In fact, people will respond better to an old thread rather than answering the same same same same same newbie posts.

For example, we've had a Sansamp Bass Driver thread going in the EFFECTS forum for quite some time. It's been sitting on the opening page for a couple weeks now. It is an old thread that has been resurrected a number of times:

If you search the EFFECTS forum using keywords such as "BDDI", "SANSAMP" and "BASS DRIVER", you will become a Bass Driver guru. :rolleyes:
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I have on that I run my basses through... Normally the way I have mine set up will be guitar to the input... balanced XLR output to mixer.. parallel output to amplifier... I mike up the amp and the blend the two signals until I get the sound I want...

Hope this helps..

And with that... Let's move this silliness to the Effects forum where it belongs.
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Now wait just a minute here. I did a search :D and found that some people consider the Sans Amp to be a pre amp and some consider it to be an effect.
    It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,
    It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,
    It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,
    It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,

Mental picture of two babes fighting and rolling around in mud, ripping clothes off.

It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,
    It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,
    It's a pre amp,
    It's an effect,

Now who wouldn't want to watch that!
  8. I think Embellisher said that since most of the threads about the BDDI are posted in Effects, we will be treating the BDDI as an effect topic and the RBI as an amp topic.

Embellisher, you say dat? Or I am smoking too much crack?
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, you are..... but as far as if he really said that..... i think i heard him say that? maybe i to am smoking to much crack?
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  11. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    If your amp is already distorting, the Sansamp won't help you at shoud just put the two hundred bucks towards a better used amp;)
  12. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    The Sans Amp is killer. Great tone enhancing tool. If your amp distorts w/out it, it will distort with it. you need either a better amp or an extension cab to lessen or eliminate, as much as possible, the distortion.
  13. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    If your amp is distorting because you're pushing it too hard mabye you should the Tech21 Bass compactor instead of the BDDI.That should clean up your sound and it's only $99..........
  14. Im not pushing it too hard, my EQ is mainly centered out with minor adjusments here and there. Maybe I'm pushing IT too hard.

I'm thinking of the Hartke 1415 combo amp which has a 140 watt amp and a 15 inch aluminum coned speaker, or a kickback 15. I want more low end and a little more volume, and that'll give my both. I'm running a Hartke b120 right now. It's a 120 watt 2x12 combo but only one speaker actually has projection, the other one faces down. I asked for opinions on the hartke KB 15 vs. the 1415 and not many responded. The 1415 has 20 extra watts and is cheaper and has a better speaker, but the kickback 15 is more expensive, and kickback. I dont know which one will go lower though. Which one is better? I've only played through the KB 15 so I can't judge on the 1415... MONEY IS LIMITED. I have 200 saved right now, and when my birthday arrives I may have about 400 give or take. I'd prolly have to sell my delay pedal which is an extra 100 dollars and I never use it.
  15. Buy a second hand head of at least 200 watts. I got a peavey mark VI 400 watts off ebay for 140 bucks. Buy an avatar cab or something second hand. If you still need more volume later on down the road, then can get more cabs. Its very easy to be underpowered with a bass guitar.

16. Yah, it's really not worth spending the money to upgrade by only 20 watts. If you wanted to upgrade the current setup you'd be better to get an extension cab.
  17. Yeah thats a problem. I don't have the option of running an extension cab...