Sansamp Vs. Eq pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldgreyOlds, Aug 11, 2005.

1. oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    So right now Ive got a 3 band eq on my bass amp (same as on my bass...), and Ive been wanting a bit more tone capabilites out of it. So I was wondering what the general consensus is on such an application. I know the sansamp can give me a nice tube distortion, and make the bass sound fuller and a lot of other nice things, but I havent been able to get a nice punch out of it in a store. So what would you think better for control of your tone? sansamp or eq pedal?
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it depends what your needs are.

if you just need some eq, the eq pedal may well be your better bet

You say you've used it in a store. Have you used it in a store with your own amp type and / or own bass type? If not, it's difficult to have a reference point.
  3. oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I used the same type of bass, but the amp i used was a yorkville 200 (as opposed to my 100), which has a 4 band eq and a tweeter. other than that its the same. I dont really know what I want, because Im always changing my tone, and I think a 6 band pedal would be better for doing that than the sansamp. but the sansamp does offer a suprising flexibility for high, low and presence.
  4. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    I'm telling yah, those Sansamps work absolute magic. (well for my rig it does)