1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gallient Knight, Sep 25, 2001.

1. I am getting ready to celebrate another birthday. I usually buy myself a music toy every year and seeing how a Zon is out of the question, I am considering a Sansamp Bass Driver. But I have also heard they make a "Bass Compactor" I would ass-u-me that the compactor might be something like the driver with compression involved. I am looking for thoughts and other product ideas as well. The problem that has started this quest is My Washburn (FAKE MM) style has a SD MM pick up and a 3 way preamp. I love the tone but even fairly flat it clips my GK's input when I play to hard. Even with the -10 pad engaged. I wish it was a -20. I know this problem lends its self well to a limiter but I would like to have something that I can mess around with a little as well. By the way I mostly play Hard Rock and or metal types of music with this set up. And I have no compressors or limiters in my amp and only use a Line 6 MM Modulator effect or rare occasion if this info helps

Thanks

2. Lower your pick-up. Sounds like it's up to close to the strings. It will lower your output. Easy, huh?

If you want a XLR DI pedal get a Sans Amp.

If you want an Overdrive/Distortion Effect for the same price get a Fulltone Bass Drive.

Nuff Said.

3. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have both the Bass Driver and the Compactor.I recommend both.The Compactor does not have overdrive,but I find it to be a good compressor,well suited to bass guitar.There are higher quality compressors out there,but in a live situation the instant footswitchability is a real plus.