Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SANSAMP???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FearandLoathing, Jan 3, 2002.

1. I hear so many people talking abot how wonderful a sansamp with an EDEN rig...

well lets start out hereWHAT IS A SANSAMP?

What makes it so great and is it worth buying?:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    its a direct box made by Tech21 (sans amp, you know... without an amp).... so you can use it to go direct to a PA system..... but there are actually several different kinds... the one most bass players use is called the Sansamp Bass Driver DI and its a little preamp/DI stompbox that helps improve tone by simulating the tube sound.... there's also the sansamp bass compactor which is a compressor i believe.... and there are others that do amp modeling for guitar... the name sansamp has also become sort of a sub company of Tech21 as well....

go to www.tech21nyc.com for more

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    ... and the newer SansAmp RBI, a rack-mount preamp for bass.

4. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    I heard the Aguilar DI box is also a good one. But Sans Amp is notorious when matched with an Eden head....don't ask never tried it.

Anyone out there have that combo? What's it like?

actually Daddy's has a SansAmp BDDI used for $60 not bad price...but who knows if they know what they are talkin about!

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    If it's selling for $60 then it's probably an original SansAmp Bass DI, which was only for DI use and has no external controls or overdrive.

6. It is worth the $160. or so for a new one. You can usually get it with the wall wart incl.

The BDDI adds a presence and compression to any rig.
    I use it with my Eden rig, It gets close to the SVT sound. You can model amps with the different settings.
    It is QUIET.