Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Dec 8, 2000.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    Have anyone heard of a SansAmp? It's really cool, it makes an amp sound a lot warmer and smooth. You can also add on fuzz. It's a nice little tool for $185.

2. phil_chew

phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    Asia
    Yep, I think if you search the past threads, you will find there are a lot of fans of this little box.

3. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have a SansAmp Bass Driver DI and it's a great piece of equipment. I got it because I wanted to punch up my sound and get a little more tone from my Epiphone Tunderbird and my Peavey TKO 115.

I got it for $180 and it was worth it. When I first tried it I thought it wasn't what I though it would be, but I kept tweaking it and found some really nice sounds. The manual that comes with the SansAmp has some settings which are nice to start experimentig with. But in time you'll keep playing with it and find a lot of sounds that complement your playing style.

My passive Thunderbird had never sounded like this. I really don't remember how it used to sound without it.

Do a search for the SansAmp Bass Driver DI and you will find a lot of threads on that subject.

4. I bought a Sansamp for about a year ago and I love it. You wrote that there is some settings in the manual. I bought a used one so I didn't get the manual. Do you know if I can get the settings on the net, and where?

Thanks for your help!

5. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Look in their web site: http://www.tech21nyc.com and maybe you can download it or something.

If you can't find anything, I can send them to you via e-mail, but I don't have a scanner so I would just write the settings in the message.

Tell what you decide or e-mail me

Good luck..

6. Thanks for your reply!
    I went to the Tech 21 homepage and e-mailed their support.
    Got the manual by e-mail within a few hours! Very fast!!!
    But thanks anyway.

Andreas