Santa Left Me one Bad Ass Present!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Dec 25, 2005.

1. First and foremost, a very merry Chirstmas to you all, I hope this morning fills you with joy and happiness.

I myself, and very full of joy and happiness, for when I got home last night (From returning the woman of my dreams to her house) I walked into my house at around 1am. and found the round red jolly man had come by then. I stared at the near 5 foot tall box for about 4 minutes, walked over and gave it a shake. I went to bed paying it wasn't a badmitten set.

As I awoke this morning, and got out of the shower, I was begged to open my presents. Clothes, cell phone, more clothes (dont get me wrong, I NEED new clothes) then the stocking. Giorgio Armani cologne and aftershave, phone card, and some candy. Then, it was time for the tall box. As I ripped off the rapping paper, the box's printing mislead me to believe I was receiving a bass case to lug my Peavey around in. When I cut through the 5 feet thick tape (heh) and opened 'er up, an Ibanez SR406 was sitting upside down, mocking my covered in about 10 pounds of buble rap and those plastic bags filled with air. 15 minutes later (literally) I freed that bad boy from it's plastic wrapped prison, and gave her a once over.

My mom was very concerned and worried about the condition of the bass, as it came direct from eBay. There were only 3 concerns of mine. 1.) The strings were tight!!!! 2.) The neck was filthy with dirt and grease. and 3.) Is the batterey alive or dead??? Well, No neck warpage of any sorts, the grime came off with the wipe from a damp clothe, and the battery is pristine.

The thing is a beast and I couldn't be more happier, I now finally have a respectable bass to play on, and finally have that tonal range only 6 strings, 24 frets, and an active preamp could provide.

Thanks Santa, I promise I'll be good this year, start making me a new amplifier with 10" drivers please. (lol)

Merry Christmas to you all, I look foward to reading all the posts about what you all are getting, and I apologize for my long post.
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Are you the dude with the "corpse flower" custom dist by D*A*M?
  3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    The bass is just like Santa.. doesn't exist until you take a picture of it!!!!
  4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    No pics no bass! It's a rule! :)
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why would the battery being dead be a big concern?
  6. With all the kids getting toys that need a battery, I think there is a shortage. :confused: :bag:
  7. No, not me. Hell, I don't even know what that means, lol. (Now that I look at it, "corpse flower" "death blooms" get it, hah.)

I figured maybe the guy ran the the battery down in playing it and then sold it, after all, he didn't bother to wipe the grime off the neck.

I know, I'm working on pics!!! Next post will contain a pic or two, I promise!!!

8. Not pictures I have taken, these are the ones from the auction, so kudos to the auctioneer for such seasonal pics!

Attached Files:

9. nice bass, thats a nice present.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I love happy holiday stories. Congratulations! :)
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nice bass. I've been looking at one to keep my SR400 company.
  12. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Now I could SWEAR you're following me... :eyebrow: :p
  13. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Congratulations! Very nice looking axe - I hope it brings you hours of playing pleasure. :bassist:
  14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Very nice. Congrats. :)
  15. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Congrats man. I had to leave Guitar Center after playing a bass very similar to that......i liked it that much.

16. That's funny, I'm thinking the exact same thing... But opposite...

17. M.D.S.

Nov 8, 2004
    Awesome bass man, congrats!

...Now I want one! :rolleyes:
  18. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'll trade ;)

kidding, really