Santa's bringing a new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dwynsen, Nov 25, 2000.

1. dwynsen

dwynsen Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Ohio, USA
    The jury is in....I ordered a Carvin LB75W with the BB neck. Should arrive by Xmas. Oh boy!
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    oh this year my santa is really poor but i'm very very happy. i've found today a cheap, ugly back up bass! i was waitin' for it! it's a strange jazz bass made several years ago by eko. it is equipped with old dimarzio pick ups and it has an enormous headstock! and it costs only 100 us dollars.
    i don't need much to consider myself lucky!
  3. Santa is coming here too... I'm on my way to pick up my Fender American Series Jazz Bass in Black with Rosewood finger board... I am so happy ....

I've been pondering over which Bass my wonderfully understanding wife could buy for me :D I've tried out many Basses along the way but.. when I picked up the Jazz it just felt right immediately it was the one...

So Santa is coming here ( a bit early ) too... No one seems to understand the euphoria I am feeling right now..

What should I call him....?

I love Christmas....

4. dwynsen

dwynsen Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Ohio, USA
    Hey, all those new toys sound wonderful! I'd like one of each, please. My Carvin LB75W (5-string) will be in California Claro walnut with a 5-piece (walnut and maple) striped, thru-neck. Back of neck is tung oiled. Fret board is Ebony with Abalone inlays. All the hardware is gold-plated. Has active electronics, strings-thru body, a J and a P pup, and Hipshot bridge. The neck is the Bunny Brunel asymetrical one that's thinner on the treble side for easier fingering. And Santa-Carvin is gonna engrave my name on the headstock (so I'll know who I am while on stage).

Like you guys, I knew this was THE bass for me when I picked it up. I checked out Warwick and Modulus and everything else I could get my hands on but the Carvin seemed to give me the same feel, similar sound and quality for 1/3 the price. Seems too good to be true. Hope it's not. Wish me luck.

When you get your new babies, please report back!
  5. how long did you guys have to sit on santa's lap for?
    what mall did you go to?
  6. yipee....!

Just returned from the store with my new bass - a Peavey C4 (cirrus-ish model) .Its a nice walnut and alder colour with a real nice feel and it plays like a dream - especially compared to my old encore that i've been lugging round for the last year.

Huzzah, and i just have joined my first band as well. A pub rock-covers band, but we all have to start somewhere...

Ooooh... i'm off to update me profile.

7. Well gruffpuppy, I have to sit on Santa's knee and do whatever Santa wants me to, when she wants me to, for how long she wants me to, in fact I'm probably Santas slave for quite a while and after that I'll want to have my Marshall stack, so I'll be her slave again...but what the hell it's worth it :D

Good Luck dwysen.

My Jazz Bass is.. just that, it is !

Playing in pub rock bands is great, I played the Northern club circuit ( UK ) for 10 years and that was bloody awful but pubs are okay. Both are a good learning ground not just in playing.

I'm off to hold my Bass again boys !!!!

8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Santa should be coming either by December or @ Latest Feb. he's gonna deliver my ashbory to me. thats all
  9. Santa's not bringing me a bass this year, but oh well. I have 3 basses already (all under $400 I might add ;)) and I am happy with them. Hopefully I'll get some good albums or something...
  10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

SO YOU'RE THE ONE!!! I ordered an LB75 at the end of October and I just got e-mailed by Carvin saying that it won't arrive until the second week of Jan. (Well... it is full dress). Hope you enjoy yours immensely.
  11. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Got my Christmas present early this year too!! Yesterday I picked up a new MM StingRay 4 unlined fretless. I love the piezo!! The closest bass shop is 5 hours away, and I have been drooling over this baby for the last 3 weekends while in Phoenix for seminars. This was my last weekend there, so I knew it was now or never. Hope everyone has a great holiday season!!
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Dang, everyone going fretless this Xmas? Your basses
    put my would-be cheapo Yamaha RBX fretless in shame! Guess I have to wait year more then.. On the bright side, there's going to be lots of people to ask advice from after Santa's visits :D
  13. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Surely you will, guys. Trust me. :)