1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sapphire Blue Gibson Thunderbird?...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rods, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Rods

Rods

Jul 4, 2008
    Does anyone know if a sapphire blue thunderbird really exists? I've been searching forever and all I can find is a picture on google that I can't blow up and the All American Rejects Dirty Little Secrets video. Are they custom shop or is it something I might eventually be able to find?

2. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups

Yes, as a Custom Shop Limited release for the Japanese market, I'm not sure of the total number produced except that is small - it was called a Yamano 2000 IIRC. I don't own one ( I'd rather refin!) as the go for a lot of money and other than paint color are a stock production T Bird.
    Having not seen the pic you mention the bass could also be a Pelham Blue one, as Epihone released them as a Limited Edition color a year or so back.......

Here's an old ebay sellers shot, tho it's not great about showing the true color, which is nice.
    bluebird.

3. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    I have one of the Pelham Blue Epiphone's that Mark mentioned. It's a Korean made "Limited Edition" model and the QC is surprisingly better than most Epi-birds I've played. The body wood is mahogany - not alder - and the finish is on par with a lot of MIJ basses. I pimped mine out with chrome and a few upgrades, and even though it's a different animal than the Gibson - it's still a really nice player.

LULLPUPS-700-038.

lamf likes this.