Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sappy way to get a girl's attention?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

There is this girl in my apartment building whom I rarely see (once a month). Would it be bad to leave a short note and my business card asking her to call me? I don't even know her name but she looks really cute and has a great smile and laugh.

2. I really think leaving a business card is a bad idea, i mean do you want to hang out with her socially or do you want to do business with her. i think it would be a lot better to just walk up and say hello the next time you see her.

3. keep it simple be friendly and polite. say hello and get talking you will generally know right away if she thinks you are nice or not and take it from there, keep conversation lite and casual. dont seem too foward. dont say things like "i have been watching you for a while now" or "i really think your pretty" just play it cool, say "hey, hows it going (enter more general small talk and pleasuntries here) anyway i was wondering if you want to catch a movie/diner/go for a walk/etc some time.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's a really bad way to get someone's attention, IMO.

Just grow a pair and talk to her the next time you see her.

Oddly enough, "Hello" seems to work wonders. :D

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    leave your business card.....under these...

[​IMG]

6. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    :D

7. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    You could build her a cake or something

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    isn't it just ;)

9. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I was gonna say "nix the business card", but it's not my place to contradict the young lady. :)

How about doing the "secret admirer" thing for a while, does that work, or does it lead to a "stalking" paranoia?

Is there a "classy" way to do it, to avoid perceptions like that?

10. I'll would guess it falls under stalking...but, hey, try it and see what happens....while driving an unmarked panel van.

Mike

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    nothing says classy like chanel.

12. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    A classy stalker? :D

hmmm, I think it could get a little scary - it would be sweet at first but best to come out and be honest, or it could be a little worrying :)

13. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    How about chloroform and a ski mask? What's that say? :bag:

14. ...especially when it's delivered anonymously from an unmarked panel van, along with a note cut and pasted from letters out of the newspaper.

Mke

15. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    meh, details details.

16. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Okay, got it. Chanel for a "little while", followed by an open declaration of affection. :D

17. i tHink You arE cOoL.

It should look something like this.

Mike

18. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    Just talk to her, smile n say Hi, go from there.

19. Say Hi, then break down in tears saying your dog just died and theres a cold patch at the bottom of yer bed now :p

20. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    on the note of dogs. Make sure you are carrying a puppy or baby with you at all times when you might potentially see her.