Sasser worm writer walks free from court

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jul 9, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, so this thread is mostly for the IT geeks like me floating around TB. However, I am sure quite a few of you heard about this worm, or were even infected by it. Here is the link: Sasser.

What I think is funny is that the dude was narked out by some kids in his class after they found out MS was offering a $250,000 reward. MS is obviously overjoyed that they had a hand in tracking this guy down.

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I'd shoot the guy. Whatever happened to the legal concept of sentencing being a deterrent?
  3. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    There is brewing...the potential for nothing less than a digital Armageddon that will make all our societies tribal again.

Anyone that hacks at a network...hacks at the very core of modern civilization and should be treated as the threat to the entire global economy that they in fact are.
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Well, let's see, the idea that hacking only affects corporations, is yesterday's news.

Today, there's a more interesting thing going on.

Well, let's see, I should probably stay out of this one, lest things get political.

Let's just say, "Big Brother is watching".
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    With a $250,000 bounty, EVERYONE is watching. :)

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -Anonymity through sheer numbers.

Anyway, that kid is lucky.
  7. I reckon they should put a worm in him, preferably a big tapeworm, and see how he likes it.