Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Satan = Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was searching for a demon ritual on google, and I came across this:

http://www.biblerevelations.org/articles/demon_possession_music.htm

Spirit Possession and Music

Having established that spirit possession does take place, the possibility of the role of music in possession may be examined. Satan has always been highly involved with music, beginning in heaven. "Satan had led the heavenly choir." The Story of Redemption, 25. This suggests that Satan is the most intelligent being regarding music in our world. He knows how to make the best use of it to achieve his ends. He does things with music that seem strange and even impossible.

The search for the use of music in devil possession resulted in finding two main avenues. One is the use of beats in music to call the spirits or gods. The other is the altered state of consciousness.

Cool eh?

2. Satan was cast out of Heaven, and the music went with him. But, think on this possibility. Because Satan is conquered, the gift of music has been transferred to us, human beings. When the Church returns to heaven, we will return the music with us and all heaven awaits for that glorious day. Music is beautiful. Satan will try to confuse, distort, and pervert any good thing. If he can get us to misuse this gift, he will. If he can get someone to not have anything to do with music, he will, and they will miss this gift.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

3. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    well i was going to post but i cant post after that great post so ill wait for some one to go first

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I think that the whole Satan=Music thing is a little overblown Garret. He obviously didn't create music, but was said to be the head music director or whatnot before his rebellion. But yes- music has been used as a tool for means of both good and evil since just about teh beginning of it all I'd venture to say. I very deeply believe that man has music "programmed" into him. I have never met a person without some extreme mental disorder that tdidn't liek some kind of music.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Satan < Rogue Basses.

I invented music.

6. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    actully its werid you say that becuase before 12 or 13 i thought music was stupid and had no real point for being.... but i guess god said well no actully your wrong. im going to make you a bass player and singer

7. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    that sold me right there. :cool: can't mess with that logic.

8. I find it disturbing that you were searching for demon rituals

9. darkjoker667

darkjoker667

Apr 21, 2003
    Why are there serious posts here?

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Guys, be real careful with this thread. I have already received one email about it. It is borderline as far as the rules go. If it gets ugly or becomes a full blown religious debate, it will be deleted.

11. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Because the level of sarcasm that some of us have reached is so overblown that it border complete serius discussion, and has left no room for whimsicle smilies that may make you think we aren't serious. After all, don't you feel like sacrificing squirrels to satan after hearing Buddy Holly?

12. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I play black metal, shouldn't some demons be in my house by now?

13. Nato

Nato

Jun 2, 2002
    Well my theory is that satan is a guitarist. Why do I say this? Because pride was the reason he was trown out so it just makes sence:D. No actually I am a guitarist and bass player and love them both very much. But music can do wonderful things and horrible things it's just how it is used.

14. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    this will get me killed, but....
    religion is a man-made thing, used to try to explain the inexplicable... and as a means to controll the populous through ritualistic distractions and often, fear (of the devil? death?) i.e. don't dance to that devil-music!

music is a spiritual experience
    spirituality is inexplicable
    community is essential

now i will run from the townsfolk with their pitchforks and torches.....:eek:

15. i think the same about satan..

I read the article.. and.. well.. Eventhought I don't believe in that stuff..The text seems to be sort of serious and research-supported.. But I don't think it supports the title of this thread.

Well.. anyway.. I might better stay indifferent to this subject.

16. I'm not a religious person (spiritual in my way I suppose, but not religious), but music was what finally convinced me there had to be some sort of higher power (call it God if you like).

17. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I have a feeling this will be shut down very soon.

18. Can someone explain to be why this is borderline? I haven't read the rules cause I don't know where to find the, but so far, it seems to be amture conversation, do the rules say that we can't have a serious discusion on TalkBass?

19. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    blah

"Jesus Built My Hot Rod..."

20. Must get in my freebie:D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.