Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Cacklingjackyl, May 21, 2004.

1. I plan to buy my wife one of these for her birthday this weekend. I want to get her the Sirius because, among other great channels, it has a dedicated "jambands" station. She really like Phish, Widespread Panic, Gov't Mule, etc. XM has one that plays jambands with progressive rock, which would still be cool but I am sure she would enjoy the station dedicated to jambands more. Anyway, does anyone out there have one of these, or have been around them? Are there any quality differences between XM and Sirius (not taking about the specific channels here, because I have reviewed their websites). I am talking more about how the antennas pick up the satellite feeds. You guys noticed any static, dead air, or anything like that? Do you know of any reason why Sirius would be a bad choice as opposed to XM?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I've had the Serius radio for several months and it's great. I live at the bottom of a hill so cannot get any radio stations for the past 12 years. The Serius brings in all sorts of music with very little talk. I take it into my car when I travel too.

The only problem is that sometimes the satellites may not be in a place that can send out signals for the Serius so there is no sound at all. This happens in the early afternoon and lasts for an hour..