satellite radio

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Frijoles Negros, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Waiting for Frances to hit, I got on the internet at my girlfriends house and tried out this internet radio thing for the first time.

Well, I love it. Im able to find good alternative radio. Jazz talk etc. Way better than the trash on the regular radio.

So, is Sirrus or XM radio as good?
  2. if the money is easy to come by and you like radio i'd definitely recommend it, it won't disappoint.

however, i prefer to just use cds or my mp3 player for my on the go music
  3. dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    We're adding a third XM receiver on Tues.

Yea, it's that good.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My brother in law uses it since he drives long haul semi. He drives through areas where there are no radio stations, or only Spanish music.

Other than that, I can't see paying that much a month for the hour or so I am in my car every day.

5. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Im researching this topic and its come down to mp3's of internet radio or getting xm radio.

Internet radio is awesome. I cant believe how good it is.
  6. I just got XM satellite radio about a week ago, and I am so glad that I did. I had been thinking of getting it for a while, but at a recent party at my sister's house, one of my nieces had it, and I was sold.

The digital sound is SO CLEAN & CLEAR it will impress you. I could ramble on, but I'd just be repeating what they say at their site.

I don't have Sirius, but I'd imagine it's very similar.

I've never herad internet radio, but I'd guess it's also similar to a large degree.

I haven't gotten a chance to see what's on every channel, but as DEFELDUS said, "It won't disappoint."

Sound wise XM satellite radio is to FM what FM is to a cheap pocket AM radio.

All the music is stuff you want to hear, and NO COMMERCIALS !!! :hyper:

Mike ;)
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I sat on a light once.

8. I alight from the subway everyday. :eyebrow: :p

Mike :D
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's a pretty high frequency.

10. I wish XM radio was available in Alaska and Hawaii.. :bawl:

Anything would be better than the crap they play up here. We have 3 radio stations; NPR, country, and a "Top 40" station. All three aren't worth listening to.
  11. Sirius has coverage of the every nfl game. Cool. :cool:

Of course, I recommend Sirius for the sole fact my dad owns a ton of stock in that company, so I try to support it when I can. :)