Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Satisfaction...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Dec 20, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    As I sit here working on our Yule Log, I've been reflecting on how the bass part of my life has progressed in the last twelve months.

This calendar year:

* My playing is m-u-c-h improved over a year ago, mostly due to my regularly getting out to jam with a guitarist friend.

* I'm starting to get a glimmer of understanding about theory, although I still can't read standard notation without my lips moving (a joke, son - a JOKE!)

* I've managed to add three first quality basses to my arsenal.

* I replaced my tatty old Peavey combo with a G-K head and a Bag End cab.

* I'm having FUN!

So, on the eve of the longest day of the year, I must admit to a deep sense of satisfaction with the way my low-end life is going.

How 'bout you?

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I couln't be happier with my bass life, or my life in general.

I left a very painful gig this year.
    I got the best gig in the world this year.
    I'm getting my DB chops together, and getting immense satisfaction / inspiration in doing it.
    My wife is now my colleague, a kick ass singer now in the AF with me.
    I've got a beautiful daughter, wonderful home, great new friends, a new car(!), faithful dog, and we're all healthy.

Blessed in spite of myself.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great year.

Got to play out at least 40 times, as well as the 3 times a week gig at church.

I made some improvement as a bass player, and have increased my knowledge of theory, working on my own and with the assistance of some of the members here, and things posted in the Forums.

Got to add 2 great basses to my arsenal, and I am pretty much set in that area, and almost done with amp equipment as well.

My favorite musical project, Lucid Dreamer, has just started getting serious again, and with the booming Christian club scene in Dallas, we hope to be playing out by spring. And get our demo remixed and get some mp3's and CD's available.:)

Personal life? I have a wonderful wife, 2 beautiful, intelligent children, my own home and a great job. My wife just lost hers, but God will provide.

God has been far better to me than I deserve.