SATS: What did u do to prepare for them?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Shaz, May 9, 2004.

1. I would like to hear how other people have prepared for the SATS, i get really nervous about them and dont know if i am prepared well enough.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I played Copious amounts of NBA street
  3. Smoked a phatty :rolleyes:

Just do your thing,you'll be fine.
  4. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Got sick and then took too much cold medicine.

Don't worry about it. Just get a good nights sleep and relax. It's not like it decides the rest of your life or anything.
  5. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Yeah, didn't do anything. Maybe played GTA?
  6. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    When I took the ACT, I smoked a bowl before I went in to take the test, it was all that could calm me down enough to get me through the experience (I have *serious* test anxiety, among other anxieties). I also studied a lot in the weeks before.

I strongly suggest you don't do what I did, though. Well, do the studying, don't do the pot smoking.

I guess it worked out okay, though. I scored a 24, maxing out english and reading comp, scoring with the doofi in math, and being average in science. I'm a math dufus and really good at left brain stuff like reading and comprehension, etc; so that worked out as was expected.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  8. Take practice tests. Take a lot of practice tests. Take as many as you can get your hands on. It works.
  9. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Same as Osama and Eyescream. Try to relax before taking the test. That helps a lot. You don't want to show up all red eyed and clueless, but a little relaxation goes a long way.
  10. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    My parents hired an SAT tutor. He's an interesting guy and I enjoy working with him. I do quite a bit of work in 4 different textbooks every week. I am only in my sophemore year, but I am studying so I can be comfortable taking the old SAT before next February, then taking the new SAT later if need be.

Most people take the SAT once without making enough preparations, get a crappy grade, and then go out and hire a tutor. After all of this, they usually raise their grade minutely. However, long term preparations can be the key to success against the SAT.
  11. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Start preparing in the 3rd grade.
  12. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Man, you're hardcore, Mud Flaps.

Oh, and I lied, I did take the PSAT 3 times, starting my freshman year.
  13. Eat ice cream for breakfast and play Tetris during the ride there. Worked for me! :D
  14. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Did you go in your PJs?
  15. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i went and saw santana. :bassist:

if you want to do some prep work and not spend any money go to one of those big bookstores and read all their SAT prep books.
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    hire someone to do it for you.

i saw this done on six feet under, so i know it to be effective.
  17. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I partied extremely hard the night before. I had my priorities all mixed up in high school. Anyways, I did quite well even with a severe hangover and half buzz. I think there is something valuable in what everyone is saying about relaxation. At the very least, I'd stay away from caffeine.
  18. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, alot of people I know party very hard the night before, and 1 of them was still drunk when she took the SAT's...