Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saturday the 18th in Chicago, where to go?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I moved to California from the Chicago area in 1998. I'm going back to visit for the weekend and I want to check out a show Saturday night. I'm not sure what clubs are around anymore and what kind of music they have.

Anybody have a gig in Chicago on Saturday? Or, other recommendations as to where to go? I like all kinds of music. (er, almost all) (well, some)

Thanks,

Dave

2. Malodorous

Malodorous

May 19, 2005
    Illinois
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    My two favorite Chicago clubs are Buddy Guys blues club and Jazz Showcase and excellent smoke free jazz club that usually has some great acts. Enjoy, it's a fun town.

4. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    I'll be at the backroom, a jazz club at oak and rush street (1007 n.rush) with a band called systems 7 playing a mix of jazz and R&B 9-1:30.it's a little $$$$ and a little smokey but it should be a fun gig

5. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Hmm, check out www.metromix.com They have all the venues, shows listed in Chicago and then some. Don't forget to check out Navy Pier just for fun.

Oog

6. I think all TB'ers need to come to northeast PA on Sat. the 18th for....

My BIRFDAY party! Yeah. No shows to speak of that night, so I will be semi-comatose in my backyard by the pool enjoying my *GASP!!!* 32nd birthday!!!

7. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Hey Dave,

Taste of Randolph Street Festival is going on this weekend. My Morning Jacket is playing there on the 18th. Chicago's summer street fests are a ton of fun.
    Taste of Randolph St.

I'd say come to my gig on Saturday, but it's a private party for 500 bikers.

Unless you bring your leathers, then you could probably sneak in :bag: