1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Savannah, GA Music Stores???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dmonroe, Jan 26, 2012.

1. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    My wife and I are going to spend the first weekend of Febuary in Savannah. I'd love to be able to hit a couple of music stores while we're running around Saturday but I don't know of any right off-hand. I was hoping there might be someone here that could make a reccomendation.

2. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Really?!?!?! There is nobody on TB in Savannah??????

3. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Well if you frequented the NFL thread this year you would realize that most TB'ers are from Wisconsin. I think TB headquarters is located in green bay actually.

4. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Check out Annies guitar and drum...I think she has a store in bluffton across the river too..super nice lady (sister of all man brothers). There are a couple of other shops along Abercorn street as well...for the most part though suburban savannah sucks...the historic district and tybee island is where it's at. Make sure to hit "the lady and sons" for some good eating. Tubbys tank house on river street is fun too...bass wise weak though....when I lives there I had more exotic basses in my living room than any store had in stock;). Pm me if you want any info about what to see or do there

5. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Aug 29, 2010
    Enjoy your trip! Me and the wife went there last spring...great vacation!
    I looked at Craig's list daily when I was there.

Have fun! It's like a laid back New Orleans.

6. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    We love Savannah and it has a lot of history for us; Its where we met up after not seeing each other for 25+ yrs (we went to HS together). I kissed her the first time there (before I even said hello), I proposed to her there during a carriage ride and we went there the weekend we were married. The following weekend we went on a cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon but our actual wedding night we spent in Savannah.