1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Savannah "Lightning" Mini Bass (Like Kala U-Bass) - model STB-700

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Madcity Fats, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a very cool little bass, similar to the Kala solid body model. This one is fretted (though a fretless version exists). It has a 9-volt active Shadow pickup system w/ a V/T/B control setup that offers a broad range of tones from hot/bright to round/mellow. I upgraded from the off-white Thundergut strings to Silver Rumblers and I found the tone, feel and intonation to be greatly improved (plus they look cooler). Scale is 23". Very fun little bass for travel or practice but with serious enough tone you could use it as a backup in a pinch (ya know, depending on your style, etc.)

I had an acoustic Kala with the passive shadow system and this one is far more flexible IMO with much higher gain (plus no hollowbody feedback). Condition is great minus one little finish flaw on the lower waist of the body, minor enough that I didn't make an issue of it.

$175 shipped (CONUS). Ships with a gig bag. Check my feedback. Shoot me questions. Thanks for looking!

IMG_20190426_134345.jpg IMG_20190426_134249.jpg IMG_20190426_134327.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    happycamper, xroads64 and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. John Buck

John Buck

Mar 3, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Fretless?

3. Madcity Fats

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Nope. This one is fretted. Thanks for asking! (Description updated.)

4. Madcity Fats

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Given the lack of interest and the fact I had fun plucking on this thing last night, I've decided to hang onto it rather than sell it on the cheap.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020