Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Save my finger?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sonorous, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Or he attached a virus to the site and we have more fun on our hands. :)

Hes got a lotta hits to go.

3. Wouldn't be the first time somebody lost a finger over a bet. damn loan sharks...

Good thing i don't have a gambling problem. I like my fingers.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I raise the BS flag.

5. Reminds me a lot of savetoby.com...

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I think he has a point.

7. no one ever trusts the internet.

But then you find things like, '90% of all deaths are squirrel related. We're on TV. How could we be lieing?

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'll flush it.

I'm sure the folks at the poker website had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm sure a simple machinist working 40+ hours a week would have enough time to come up with a website like that...

9. yup

10. Seems they would've determined ahead of time how they're going to remove the finger. I guess it goes w/out saying they'd use a cigar cutting device, like in the movies......."Dark Man" is the only one i can think of, but i know there must be more.

11. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    That site is the greatest thing since the pyramid scheme was invented. But I have to say, the guy is a genious. Its like free money. Someone needs to spam this to animal protection associations.

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i also would like to know why on some portions of the site it says he needs 1 million hits, but on some portions it says he needs 2 million.

personally, i hope it's real. and i hope he loses a finger, just because he is an idiot.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey look im the funny thingamajig of teh week.