Save PBS and NPR

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tekhna, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Shouldn't you be offereing me a free tote bag or something?
  2. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I wish I had a tote bag to give!

Mike-Do you pay any attention whatsoever? If I am correct in my recollection, NPR is set to lose about 20% of its public funding for shamefully political reasons.
    This has nothing to do with what you posted.
  3. When you can provide another source besides a shamefully political one, we can start talking. I don't have time to fully flesh out the rest of this (gotta cook dinner), so why don't you do a bit more homework and we'll finish up in a while.

4. jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I have mixed emotions about this. I've been b*tching about the local PBS stations here for years while my wife contributes.

My main beef is that we have 3 (three!) PBS stations where I live, and only one carries Austin City Limits, and then only on Saturday afternoons. It's oftem pre-empted. There is no similar programming available. Pop music programming ususally means a 10 year old Doo-wop festival that they run during pledge drives.

My wife listens to NPR alot, and I hear it quite a bit. Good stuff, but they can really drain the life out of a story by prattling on for 20 mins.....(something like this post)
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Your name is Benjamin Fribley?
  6. To deny children of Reading Rainbow is to deny children of their futures.

How can you say no to this face?

7. But seriously...PBS often has some really good specials sometimes that are worth watching. Maybe it's just me, but I love the late night programming of my local PBS. My theory is the students at the University of Houston (where our PBS is located) take over and show what they want.

Not a big NPR fan myself, but PBS has gotta stick around.
  8. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Houston PBS definetly needs to stay. Its always good programming and the children programming needs to stay cause its practically the only educational shows on.
  9. Haha, you just took a article seriously. Those guys are absolute wackos. Shame on you.
  10. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I wouldn't give NPR the sweat off my nutsack. I WOULD give Move the sweat off my nutsack, bottled and fermented.
  11. +1

"Let's save NPR and PBS"

Sure, let's save NPR and PBS. We can save'em for the 4th of July and blow'em up then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.