Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saved by the Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ARA punk, Aug 16, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Just wondering how many people here have been saved by music. I'm not talking spiritually, but if you want that'll work too... I mean, how many people just felt so down at some point and you feel that the only thing keeping you attached to this world was music of some kind. I'm not going to go into specifics but I'm sure I wouldn't be the person I am now w/ out music. I dunno if i'd even still be around...

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Yes, it is still like that for me, all my instructors think I have a great gift so I keep it up, it was just weird to pick up a bass and figure out songs by ear, the first day I got my bass I sat on my bed for hours figuring out and playing songs until my fingers bled without having to learn finger and hand positions, I just feel blessed to be able to play the bass. It really feels good to be ask a fellow musician "how long do you think I have been playing?" and have then answer "4...5 years maybe." When in truth it's been about 6 months.

3. Music has definitely helped me get through rough times. Both playing and listening. It can be an outlet or an absorber of all kinds of emotions.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Music never left me down.

I think it of a strong force within. Something that will always push me forward.
    I'd probably be a depressive geek/jerk if not a musician.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not sure where Id be without music, but it woudnt be a good place.

Peace
    Nick