Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saving Electricity with light show (this is funny)???

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by maccafan10, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Turned up at a local 'social club' gig once with my pretty pro (but semi-pro) band with a fabulous 40,000 watt light show.
    The (what we call in the UK) 'Concert Secretary' asked "Do you want to use our lights"?
    Looking ponderously at thier 4x150 watt sorry efforts in the ceiling, we had a short conference between ourselves (for his benefit), and said "no thanks we will use our own if it's alright with you".
    To this he said joyfully (and using his only brain cell to it's maximum capasity).
    "Thats OK then, you use your own lights and we save electricity, that's fine".
    With sucked in cheeks and busting a gut not to laugh we quickly retired to the van to unload it and all ended up in the road rolling on our backs absolutely helpless and hysterical.
    We laughed so much, we thought our trousers would never dry !!
    We stormed the audience, and then DURING our third encore introdution/welcome back from him, the same guy (all in one breath) said "Here they are again the fabulous TOKYO, and don't forget ladies and gentlemen next week we have the brilliant Patents Pending, so come early to get a seat.

Pete

How can you follow that??

2. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Ah man that's crazy! What a schlub! Perhaps he's had one too many pints over the years.. heh.

I didn't get the last bit though. Is the name of your band Tokyo? Patents Pending? Sorry....I'm just confused! :confused: